Skilled Houston Employment Litigation Lawyers
Fighting Back against Discrimination, Sexual Harassment & Wrongful Termination
McDowell Law Group LLP provides sound legal advice and effective representation to employees who have been wronged in violation of federal employment law, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulations, state law, or municipal ordinances.
You may need to explore employment litigation if:
- You experienced workplace discrimination
- Your employer is in violation of a state or federal employment law
- Your company is in violation of its own policies and procedures as laid out in its employee handbook
- Your human resources department has intervened in your employment issue
Handling a Range of Employment Law Matters
McDowell Law Group LLP combines decades of experience with a commitment to protecting our clients' rights against employer wrongdoing of all kinds.
Our employment litigation practice addresses a broad range of serious matters, including:
- Wage and hour disputes
- Employment contract disputes
- Whistleblower protection and retaliation
- Wrongful termination or unlawful discharge
- Violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Sexual harassment and hostile workplace claims
- Employment discrimination based on age, race, sex, religion or national origin
Texas: A Right-to-Work State
Texas is a right-to-work state, meaning that individuals are free to choose whether to join a labor union but cannot be denied employment based on this choice. Both union and non-union members in the state of Texas have the same employment rights.
If you are being pressured to participate in a labor union-type of organization or believe that you face retaliation for not accepting these conditions, you may have a case against your employer.
Texas Laws Regarding Termination
In Texas, an employee can be terminated for any reason, as long as that reason does not violate the law. For example, an employer can fire an employee if he or she does not like the employee. However, the employer cannot fire an employee on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, or national origin.
Consult with McDowell Law Group LLP
We encourage you to discuss the details of your employment dispute with our team. We are ready to listen to your concerns and work to create a tailored legal solution for your issue. Take the first step today – make sure your employment rights are protected.